An email from the Coty Shadowens, TABC. April 5, 2019
In April 2018 TABC licensees were asked to submit an application through the new online Regulatory Licensing Permitting System (“RLPS”) system indicating that the submission was a renewal and including the licensee’s historical license number. Those applications were processed and licensees received a new RLPS license number that is accessible to the licensee online. Beginning this spring those licensees with an online RLPS license will be up for the first true online RLPS renewal. This “true renewal” process differs in a few important respects than the “first year” RLPS process:
(1) Only those documents that have changed or are required to be updated will need to be submitted with the application; and
(2) Renewal license fee will be submitted with renewal application
As a result, this renewal process will be more streamlined than the initial year.
Please take a few minutes to review the renewal walkthrough tutorial posted on our website here: RLPS True Renewal Guide. The main highlights are listed below:
– If your renewal requires an inspection, it will happen between 75 and 45 days before your expiration date.
– If you have already been issued a license through RLPS and need to renew the license please do not submit a new application. New applications for RLPS renewals will not be accepted.
– Instead, log into your RLPS account and select the “Renew” button next to the license record ID in “My Records.” Licensees will be able to access this “Renew” link beginning 45 days before the license expiration date.
– If you are within 45 days of expiration and do not see the “Renew” link, please contact the TABC.
– The “Renew” link will not be accessible if the online RLPS license is expired. In this case contact the TABC office for further instructions.
– Submit the annual license fee at the end of the renewal application.
– Upon approval of the renewal application an email will be sent informing the licensee that the renewed license can be accessed and printed from within the RLPS account. While you will be assigned different renewal application tracking numbers each year, your license number will not change once an RLPS license number is issued.
– If an online RLPS license has NEVER been issued for your business and you only have a paper license, the above process does not apply. For these customers ONLY, within 60 days of your expiration, please create an RLPS account and submit a new application choosing “Renewal” at the appropriate step and provide your historical license number.
We appreciate your usage of the TABC RLPS system and hope that this Renewal process is an efficient way to maintain your license. Remember that we have a Help Desk to assist in RLPS usage at 615-532-2297 or TABC_RLPS.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out to the TABC with any questions or comments.